What is Distant Reiki?
Is this you? You have decided that you want the benefits of Reiki to help you with your illness or condition? But you don’t live near to either Darlington or Co Durham? Or you don’t live in the UK?
The answer – distant Reiki. Distant Reiki is the same as contact Reiki, apart from the fact that you’re not coming to see me here in Darlington in the UK. You will be wherever you are, wherever in the world that might be.
Have you ever thought about having distant Reiki? Yes, it does work! At least as good as a contact Reiki session here in my Reiki Room in Darlington. But don’t take my word for it! Here’s what four of my clients have said about their experience of distant Reiki –
- Contact Reiki had been helping me with chronic pain previously, however, I had severe post operative pain following spinal surgery. As I was unable to go to Ken, I decided to give distance Reiki a try. The results were amazing; following my first session, I was able to cope without morphine. My pain was much more manageable and improved my mobility. I was so impressed that I am going to have a course of distance Reiki until my next surgery. I would never have believed that distance Reiki could be just as powerful as contact Reiki!
Claire, Co Durham
- My son Harvey who was 7 months old at the time, received 2 sessions of distant Reiki therapy from Ken. My son had been suffering with ongoing chest problems since birth, brought on by premature birth. After receiving some therapy Harvey was less stressed, and content. It definitely made a difference! Many thanks for your help and support.
Caroline and Harvey, Co Durham
- I asked Ken to send me some distant healing for a painful knee and at the appointed time I lay down on my bed. After a little while Mitzi my cat came and curled up on my chest, something she has never done before or since. When I spoke to Ken a few days later he asked me if I was having problems with my chest, something he had picked up on during the session. I said no, and we were both confused – until I remembered my cat. She had been off colour for a few days but after the distant healing she was fine! How she sensed where to come to for help is mind boggling. Needless to say, my knee was fine, too.
- Had a session of distant Reiki with Ken when suffering from nerves before French oral exams – result – complete confidence and an A*.
Val, Co Durham
What do you do?
You contact me, and tell me what you need Reiki to help you with. Tell me, too, if you have ever had any previous experience of Reiki, whether contact or distant.
- So, email me on firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell me –
- What you need from a Reiki treatment. (Just as you would if you had rung me up to talk to me about what you want from Reiki.)
- Tell me when you would like your first appointment with me; the date and your local time. (I won’t be able to fit you in immediately so allow a few days before your first appointment.)
- An important element of distant Reiki for you to appreciate is that I can time it to work on you at the time that you prefer. By that, I mean, if you wanted a session at 8.00 pm your local time, I can do it here, in the UK, at whatever time I am able to do it, but to time it to be received by you at your time. I’ll then email you back, with details of what you need to do next.
How much does it cost?
- The fees are the same as they are for contact Reiki so click here to see my Book a Reiki session page.
- When you decide to have further sessions after your first session I will email you with details of how to pay me.
- Please note – If you have never had Reiki from me before, your first session with me – whether contact or distant – is completely free! That saves you over £29!
What do I do after each session is over?
- After the session, wait for a day or so, and see how you feel, see how the Reiki is doing its job within you.
- Then email me, and tell me what you experienced both during and after the session. (Bear in mind that the Reiki energy stays in your body, doing its job of healing, for up to a week and a half after the day of the appointment.)
Here are some further guidelines about Distant Reiki for you to consider.
To get full benefits of your Reiki session make sure you follow my guidelines.
- At the time of your appointment(s) you should be at home, relaxing, preferably in a room on your own (your bedroom would be ideal).
- Make sure no one disturbs you, and ensure also that you have your phone switched off.
- Just lie there, on your bed (or sit, quietly in your chair), and close your eyes. Do nothing other than that!
Reiki is more than powerful enough to work on you unaided, so you don’t need to help it. If you try to help it you will actually hinder its progress. (It’s your time, your session, you’ve paid for it; I want you to get the best from it!)
So, don’t do breathing exercises or meditation exercises, or anything like that. After all, if you were having contact Reiki with me at my practice I would tell you to do nothing, other than lie there and close your eyes; so why be different in a distant session?
- Each session of Reiki (for an adult) takes an hour.
- One session of Reiki is never enough; to have only one session would be like getting a course of medication from the doctor, and throwing the packet away after just one tablet.
- Reiki’s sole function is to heal. Unlike man-made medications, in Reiki there are no side-effects at all. You can be receiving treatment from a doctor or be on medication while having Reiki; neither will be adversely affected by the Reiki.
- During the session you will experience the same sensations that contact clients experience. You might see colours, you might feel warmth – or even cold – in different parts of your body. You might feel fine sensations of pins and needles. You will certainly feel very relaxed, and might even drop off to sleep. Everybody’s experience of Reiki is unique to them.
- When the session is over, don’t get up straight away; make sure you lie or sit where you’ve had the session for a further five minutes or so, at the end of the session.
- The Reiki energy says in your body, doing its healing and relaxing work on you for up to about a week and a half after each session.