During the current coronavirus COVID-19 lockdown,
I am still able to offer Reiki – but by distant Reiki only.
Because of the financial effects of the virus, blocks of weekly sessions with me are now available by weekly payments.
See Book a Reiki Session.
I get articles about Reiki from newspapers and magazines coming to me online all the time, and I’m fascinated by them. I suppose it’s the richness of the Reiki experience, and the variety of the people for whom Reiki has become an essential part of their lives.
So I decided to share these articles with you. I’ll keep adding to them from time to time, so keep an eye on this page and check it out whenever you’re passing this way. Also, to prevent the list getting unwieldy I will remove old stories from time to time.
The link to the online publication where the story first appeared is in purple and underlined. Just click on that link, and after a moment or two the story itself will appear. (Please note – most of these stories are accessible for months or even years after they first appear. However, for various reasons, the publisher concerned might take the story off the internet.)
Also, in your own reading, if you come across an article that you think should be on this page, do let me know. Just tell me.
- The first article is from “The Western Australian” online newspaper, and tells of the change in attitude of the healthcare establishment of Western Australia to such treatments as Reiki.
- The Herald News, from the city of Fall River in Massachusetts, USA, has a columnist called Joyce Rothman who in 2011 was going through treatment for cancer. The integrative treatment included Reiki: now read on.
- Still in America, we move to the east coast for this next piece from the New York Times from April 2011. It tells of how successfully Reiki has been used to treat people with dementia.
- The UK press, too, now and again, comes up with articles about Reiki, and this is one from the Birmingham Mail from 8 March 2011. It concerns Welsh National Opera chorus singer Helen Greenaway who took up Reiki and found her colleagues in the Welsh National Opera were more than keen for her to share her Reiki skills with them.
- A further article about Reiki and dementia. On 15 November 2011 Miami Jewish Health Systems hosted a Multicultural Conference on Alzheimer’s. This unique educational symposium was billed as “Dealing with Alzheimer’s from a traditional, holistic, spiritual and mystical perspective.” Reiki came out of it rather well, as you’ll see when you read the article.
- In Northfield, Minnesota, in the US, they, too, are realising that Reiki has more of an integrative place in healthcare. See what their online newspaper, the Northfield Patch” had to say about it, in August 2011.
- Most of the articles I come across originate in the USA, but not all. In Wanganui, New Zealand, the Wanganui Chronicle ran a story about Reiki and other therapies in November 2011, specifically about how they helped a therapist treats her husband and his fellow bikers after their numerous accidents.
- The Huffington Post, a New York-based online newspaper, published an article on 30 June 2009, in which one of their journalists tried out Reiki for the first time. See how she got on.
- In Hong Kong, the Hong Kong Standard published an article on 31 May 2011 about a physiotherapist who got herself attuned to Reiki to use Reiki during her hands on work as a physiotherapist.
- Down under, Reiki Australia volunteers head up a team of Reiki practitioners delivering treatments to Palliative Care nurses in a Victorian Hospice. Once a week, a team of volunteers provide short Reiki treatments to support the nursing staff of the Palliative Care Unit attached to the public hospital of Frankston in Victoria.
- From one sunny part of the world to another – Jamaica. In the Jamaica Observer of November 2011 was to be found an article about Carrot Jarret, a Rastafarian musician with a passion for practicing Reiki. Read on.
- In New York, the Syracuse New Times published an article in January 2012 entitled “From OM to IM”, charting the change in the attitude of the US medical professions to Reiki. A fascinating and encouraging article; I urge you to read it.
- MedPage Today is an online medical news service for physicians and healthcare professionals and can be found in Little Falls, New Jersey. The site provides breaking medical news and professional medical analysis. In August 2011 they published an article entitled, “Complementary Medicine Popular With Healthcare Workers“. It starts off by saying, “More than three-fourths of U.S. healthcare workers turn to complementary and 2 alternative medicine (CAM), quite often to alleviate anxiety, according to a new analysis.” Read on.
- NorwalkPlus.com is a web site for the town of Norwalk, Connecticut, USA, and in September 2011 they published an article entitled “Local hospital transforming lives through surgery and behavioral changes“. It concerned a more integrative approach to solving the health problems of obesity, including using Reiki.
I’ll continue my search for more articles from around the world on the subject of Reiki, and will bring them to this page whenever I can.
Meanwhile, if you come across an article which you think ought to be on this page, just email me with the title of the article, the name of the publication, and the country in which it was published; just click here.